Thursday, 31 July 2014

ASOS MENSWEAR PICKS (PERSONAL STYLING FOR A FRIEND)

A couple of nights ago my friend Andy told me that he wanted to invest in some new pieces for this autumn winter, but didn't really know where to start. Obviously I was more than happy to help (looking at clothes for other people stops me from spending money on myself!). I hadn't really ever shopped for menswear before, so we decided on ASOS for our starting point, because they stock a wide variety of brands and styles at reasonably affordable prices. We began by looking at a few things together, but before I knew it I had stolen the iPad and was off on my own misson to find him a whole new wardrobe. We focussed mainly on tops because I think it's really difficult to shop for trousers and jeans online - it's better to try a few different pairs in real life before committing yourself to them. I discovered during the course of the evening that it's really important when choosing clothes for others that you take into account their personality (so that you don't deck them out in snazzy threads they'd be too shy to wear), skin tone (so they don't end up looking like a corpse) and body type. Three hours (and a bottle o rouge) later, and this is what I decided on:


1. River Island Short Sleeved Shirt With Tribal Print - ASOS (£28)
2. Farah Vintage Shirt with Dobby Dot in Slim Fit - ASOS (£60)
3. ASOS Smart Shirt In Long Sleeve (Teal) - ASOS (£17)
4. Blend Shirt Slim Fit All Over Geometric Print - ASOS (£27.99)
5. Diesel Shirt S-Vilas with Palm Print - ASOS (£140)
6. ASOS Smart Shirt In Longline With Long Sleeves - ASOS (£22)
7. Selected Shirt With Mini Floral Print - ASOS (£35)
8. Diesel Shirt S-Iman in Leopard Print - ASOS (£120)

My personal favourites are the two Diesel shirts and the longline white shirt. I love the oversized style of the Diesel shirts, and I think muted patterns are the best way to make a statement without looking tacky or too in your face. It's a shame that the Diesel shirts are so expensive, however it would be quite easy to find cheaper alternatives on Ebay, ASOS Marketplace or even in charity shops. The longline style of the shirt makes a nice alternative to your classic white shirt, and is a way to make a statement without trying too hard - it would look great with black skinny jeans or rolled up trousers and brogues.


1.ASOS Long Sleeve T-Shirt In Longline & Textured Fabric - ASOS (£18)
2. River Island Twisted Jumper with All Over Foxes Print - ASOS (£35)
3. ASOS Merino Roll Neck Jumper - ASOS (£35)
4. ASOS Twisted Yarn Jumper - ASOS (£ 30)
5.  ASOS Denim Jacket With Distressed Effect - ASOS (£20)

I am obsessed with this fox jumper! It's the cutest thing I've seen in ages and if someone I know doesn't get it I will probably have to get it for them.


1. River Island Scoop Neck T-Shirt With Smoke Moth Print -ASOS (£13.50)
2. ASOS Long Sleeve T-Shirt With Bound Scoop Neck - ASOS (£8)
3. ASOS T-Shirt With Acid Wash And Oversized Dropped Shoulder Fit - ASOS (£16)
4. American Apparel Raglan Top in White/Forest - ASOS (£24)
5. Nudie Long Sleeve Top Otto Stripe Raglan Organic Slub - ASOS (£45)
6. ASOS Long Sleeve T-Shirt With Roll Neck - ASOS (£10.50)
7. New Look T-Shirt with Tropical Print - ASOS (£14.50)

I love roll necks when paired with a blazer and trousers with brogues or loafers, as I think it looks really chic and smart - it's a nice alternative to a shirt and tie. Although it's quite a strong look to pull off, I think it's one that really works. On the other end of the spectrum, I also love simple t shirts such as raglan baseball tees, breton stripes and acid wash. I think they look really casual and effortless when thrown together with a denim or leather jacket and skinny jeans. It's a look you can't go wrong with and is how I think every guy should dress!

I had a great time online personal shopping and discovering the world of menswear. Are you thinking of updating your wardrobe?
Elly xxx

follow me on:

4 comments:

  1. Kurti tops can be worn with a salwar, churidar, leggings, jeans and even capris. you can get all these kind of quality shopping from this shop buy corporate kurthis online

    ReplyDelete
  2. A company seal we call it as the corporate seal or common seal is an official seal used by a company. we provide you quality common seal Buy Company Seal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online Shopping of Apparels, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Toys, Watches, Books, Clothing & Other Products at Best Price in India. Buy apparels online Free Shipping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Online shopping Apparels are also available in every city at the reasonable cost with free shipping and easy returns.
    morten andersen jersey | Bobby Hebert Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx