Sunday, 17 August 2014

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: ANDROGYNY INSPIRED






OVERSIZED WHITE SHIRT: NEW LOOK MENS @ ASOS (£12.00)
BLACK HIGH WAISTED JONI JEANS: TOPSHOP (£36.00)
BLACK PATENT BROGUES: CLARKS (£54.99)
BRIEFCASE: MY MUM'S
BLACK SCRUNCHIE: PRIMARK (2 for £1)
GLASSES: RAYBAN CLUBMASTER OPTICS

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual over the last 10 days, I've been away travelling around Europe (as you do), and so had to queue up the last few posts. I'm back now, and a blog post about my travelling experience will be up soon! Luckily for me, I came home to an ASOS order (nothing better in life than coming home to a parcel!), which included this men's shirt. I've been really inspired recently by images of androgynous outfits and models, and I think it's a concept which is really current both in the fashion and the political world right now. I ordered the shirt on a bit of a whim with a desire to put together an androgynous inspired outfit, and this is what I came up with. It's pretty simple compared to the inspiring and ground breaking ways in which fashion houses and brands have harnessed the concept, however I think I've managed to channel the trend in a wearable, everyday way. By pairing the men's shirt and brogues with skinny jeans and bright lipstick I think I've added a feminine edge to the masculine elements of the outfit, making it perfect for casual wear.

What concepts inspire you?
Elly xxx

follow me on:




2 comments:

  1. hey bbz its meeee!!!
    looking fit as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg alice <33 miss u
      thanks bae xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx