Sunday, 18 January 2015

A LIPSTICK FOR EVERY SEASON: MY FAVOURITES OF 2014

It's no secret that I absolutely love lipsticks. I'm always expanding my collection and I go through obsessions/phases with different shades each season. Today I thought I'd share with you the lipsticks I reached for the most during 2014. It was so hard to choose these as I have a lot that I love, but I think it's fair to say that these are my ultimate favourites.



I think Pink Blush (far left) was my first ever lipstick. I bought it for my Year 11 prom back in 2011! Although I had an absolutely hideous taste in clothes/make up then, I've been in love with it ever since. It's such a lovely shade of pink and I haven't found a pale pink I like as much as this one since. It's a really pretty, understated shade which just adds that little bit more to a make up look/outfit.
Maxfactor's Heat (second on the left) is a lipstick that I acquired last year from my mum, who has apparently had it for years! It's probably a bit gross that I'm still using it but it's stood the test of time and I absolutely love it. Orange lipsticks are so on trend at the moment and they look great with a really pale eyeshadow look. Think Lucy Watson from made in Chelsea. I wore this a lot last spring, and have been reaching for it quite a bit recently, too.





The Rimmel by Kate Lipsticks are a huge drugstore favourite with loads of bloggers/Youtubers and I can see why. I have quite a few but my favourites are 01 (a classic red) and 04 (a dark purple). I wear the red all year round, and the purple was a huge favourite of mine in October/November time. I've heard loads of good things about shade 107 as well, which seems to be a deeper red and a sort of mixture of the two.
MAC's Sin is my first and only lipstick from the brand, and I absolutely adore it. I wore it pretty much every day from when I got it on Christmas Day right up until the beginning of January, and I'm sure I'll wear it a lot more during the coming winter months. You can read and in-depth review of it here.



(Left to right)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 006 - Pink Blush (£4.99)
Maxfactor Lipstick in 850 - Heat
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 01 (£5.49)
MAC Matte Lipstick in Sin
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 04 (£5.49)

What is your favourite lipstick?
Elly xxx


follow me on:

13 comments:

  1. I loove that dark lipstick! I can not live without a good lipstick hahah! Thank you for you comment dear xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how varied these shades are!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The darkest one is my fav !!! having say that I do still love the others :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty shades, I really like the look of that Max Factor one! xx

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love the soft pink and red berry tone! Such a great collection of lipsticks!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours. I love the purple!

    Jennifer Jayne xx
    jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dark lipstick, and Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 04 from your swatches is def my FAVE!

    XO,

    KayElle
    www.MissKayElle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lipsticks too. Great collection of faves. I love the dark one.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lipstick is my newfound love. And I NEED to get my hands on the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 04. How did I NOT know that Kate Moss made a Rimmel Collection?! So affordable! New follower here =)

    xx Lindsay

    Wandering 20-Something // Lifestyle Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mac sin! It is one of my all time favourite lipsticks.

    milkshakekingdom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx